How old was your child when he moved to a toddler bed?

hadassah1582

Asked by hadassah1582 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I moved my DD to a toddler bed when she was 18 months old.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i put my son in a toddler bed at 15 mnth it took a while ended up in my room a few nights out of the week but what helped him is we moved the bed in our room for a few weeks then moved it to his room once he slept in it for the whole night.
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• we mostly cosleep.. (dd is 2)..

but we stopped putting her in her crib for naps and for times when she would sleep without us when she was about 14 months old. She was walking and climbing fine by then and I didn't want her climbing out or falling out of her crib.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LOL...i feel like a whimp....my ds didnt transition from crib to toddlerbed until he was 2...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• my son is 20 months now and he is still in his crib. He gets one leg over his railing but thats it, so until he actually climbs out, i'm not moving him. We have tried at nap time at the in home daycare I work at to get him to lay on a mat, and he simply will not stay on one so I can only imagine the struggle i'm gonna have in a toddler bed. Good luck!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• 17 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• At about 13 months my son was hopping over the rails so much the crib literally fell apart. The front did anyways! So it opened up one whole side and we just left it like that. It was essentially a toddler bed. We moved into a dorm that was already furnished with twin XL beds and now my 20 month old sleeps in a big person bed... only 1/3 of the bed is what he takes up but he sleeps just fine. :) He sleeps through the night and has fallen out only twice when he's not well rested. I think you should allow your child freedom to learn and even get in to trouble, as there is no other way to get experience.
    FateoftheGodz

Answer by FateoftheGodz at 4:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my daughter is almostr 2 yrs old and is still co-sleeping. I want to switch her to her own bed before she turns 28 months. She moves alot when shes asleep so she would just fall out of a toddler bed.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2010