• In the Spotlight:

leep

i had a leep procedure done and was fine but my most recent pap came back abnormal again so i am going for a colposcopy... i am fifteen weeks prego is it normal they are doning this the arent even doing it until the end of the month.. has anyone else had a colposcopy and will it hurt...

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a colposcopy when I was 20 weeks pregnant with my son. I had an abnormal pap smear which I have had off and on since I can remember, so they scheduled the procedure. At my colposcopy though once they applied the vinegar and looked they had decided that everything looked close enough to normal that they did not want to risk removing any cells. My Dr. said that the cells that were abnormal would most likely be removed during child birth anyway and that they would just recheck a few months after I had my son. The procedure was not anymore painful then a regular papsmear, but I had nothing removed, and my 1st pap after having my son was normal so I never had to have another one.
    agoncalves

Answer by agoncalves at 10:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008