Very stressed out!!!!!!

My husband loves combat games, well any games online. He asks me if I want to play them also and they cost money. We have a baby on the way and not much money. He makes sure the bills are paid first but still come on. I have to beg him to even come to bed with me. How do I put up with this? And how do I get used to him being so much into this? I don't know if it's me or if it's him. He will get off to watch a movie with me but then he's back on it. Please just answer the question. Thanks.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 11:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I do know what that is like! Hubs and I have been together 21 years and from day 1 hubs has been into his computer. There were times when we were dating that I would be flipping channels and bored out of my mind while he was playing games and ignoring me. One day I did talk to him and tell him how I felt (he did not realize I felt bored, hurt and ignored) and he promised to give me more time. So we worked out a compromise-- I would bring things with me (books, craft stuff or movies) and I would work on that while he had computer time. (we had agreed on a set time limit). Then when the time was up we had "us" time and did stuff together-- like watch movies, go out to supper, talk....
    You should talk to your husband, tell him how you feel. Maybe set aside specific time each day for "us" and for "computer"
    example-- 5-7pm- computer time 7-9pm us time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Just ask him what is more important...playing video games or buying stuff for the baby..
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my df does the same thing sometimes. he loves the xbox though. you should talk to him about it. tell him how you and your unborn child are more important than a computer game. you shouldn't have to beg him to come to bed. my df is getting better about his xbox. he is realizing what's more important. time with me and our son. good luck.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• it's not you...it is his caveman brain..the visual areas of a man are different, their spacial awareness~screens and gaming feed their old brain of hunting and getting back to camp....why I think they can't ask for directions...they want to figure it out.

If you have a son....i bet gaming will be introduced (via daddy) and you will want it...anytime they don't do they rule..you take their gaming right away and you will have that boy turning on a dime to get it back...nothing works like it..nothing~

given he probably can't stop...some limits would be nice and clear expectations that people come first. Can he have a timer? Can he earn more time...when gaming gets in the way of love...you have a problem...we are here to learn to love....hunting was just to keep us alive long enough to learn how to~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Since the game he likes to play is a pay one--- it might be a good idea to set a $ limit on how much he can play. I would also remind him that babies need things and once the baby gets here there will not be very much $ to put toward video games.... so maybe he better start cutting back on the game now.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think he pays the bills maybe you should ask him to cut back or ask him to do lan parties instead or just play the game itself?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• break the damn thing. pull a wire out
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2010