Fevers During Pregnancy?

My son is 29 months. My husband and I have been TTC for almost a year now, about 9 months and we're not sure what's going on. I got pregnant with my son really fast (I had switched bc methods...and I guess it didn't work...lol) and since we started trying, I've had two miscarriages. They start the same way, i develop a fever and it just gets higher and higher and won't go down. I've been hospitalized for it both times, because the fevers won't break. It really stumped my midwife and then my OB. Any thoughts?

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 11:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are early on when miscarrying it could be that your body is rejecting the baby...perhaps "fighting off" what it think s is a virus rather than a baby. Why, I don't know. Have they checked your thyroid levels?????? Is it possible the fever is causing the miscarriages? I feel for you.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 7:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Thank you for responding. They've done blood work each time but I don't know if they specifically checked my thyroids. I'll definitely bring it up with my doctor, though. thanks!
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010