advice?!!!!!!!

Here's my deal: My baby boy was born june 11th 2010 and was breast fed for only 3 weeks and he's going to be 3 months on the 11th- is it possible to still be producing milk? I hadennt until just now my boobs I noticed when squeezed a good amount of milk was released.....I'm on birthcontrol (the stick that goes in your arm) and have not had my period last month...is it possible I could be preggo again????????!!!!

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 11:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. I didn' t have a period for five months. Between the BC you are on and the just having a baby it will take some time to regulate again.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No you probably are not preggo, if you are on your BC!!! You can produce milk for a few months after you quit nursing it is completely normal!!!!!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 11:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my ds is going on 2 in Dec n i still produce milk like crazy if i squeeze, n i never breast fed him,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Thank yall!!!! Was freaking out only because I have a 2 year old and then my 3 month old! Idk what ide do with another one!!!!!!
    v_serenil

Comment by v_serenil (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I stopped breastfeeding after a week and a few months later I would spring a few leaks (usually happened when I slept). Definitely talk to your doctor if it's frequent or painful.
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It is normal to produce milk for a while. It's okay.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Avoid ALL nipple stimulation to stop the production of milk. Put a washcloth on your breasts in the shower even. It can take some time to dry up but nipple stimulation will cue the body to produce more milk.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 7:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010