Do you find that your family is more likely to eat leftovers if they are on a plate or bowl with cling wrap covering it than when you actually put it in Tupperware or other similar container?

I feel terrible using cling wrap where it is producing waste instead of using reusable containers like Tupperware. But I found that I am throwing less food out now. They have told me that it is easier to see what is in the fridge to eat when I use cling wrap than putting it in a container! Plus it looks to be more readily available to eat since it is already on the plate or bow!!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always use reusable containers with lids, and everything always gets eaten because I serve it (usually the next day).
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I always use containers. My kids will eat leftovers depending on what it is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My husband is so obnoxious about leftovers. I don't like having cling wrap in the fridge just because I feel like the I can smell more...but that's just me. I normally put everything in a container but that's because I like to stack things and I organize it...I'm kind of a freak.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We never put plates in the fridge. Everything goes into a container.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• yes it does get eaten faster if i use plastic wrap versus a lid...it also helps if I want it gone and use a sticky note with the words "eat me" on it then attach it to the top of the plastic wrapped food
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I LOVE the note with EAT ME written on it...that is such a great idea. My husband is not good about eating leftovers unless I ask him to. He likes them, but he has selective blindness and just does not see things in the fridge that are there, waiting to be eaten. I am going to totally leave notes on stuff now - what a great and funny idea!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I love leftovers- I use tuppereware type containers.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• we never have enough for leftovers...i often cook just enough...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 1:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Leftover control is my job - I'm the one preparing the meals. I use washable containers with lids, and am pretty careful to be sure to serve the leftovers so we're not wasting anything!
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 10:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lol, thats me! If its in a paper plate n foil!lol
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010