My dog is getting fixed in 5 days but she got nailed today from another dog will that affect anything when she gets fixed???

mamacass911

Asked by mamacass911 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pets

• No it won't matter. They will still fix her. If she was going to deliver, then no.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No it probably wont, but if she mated with another dog then she is in heat, and vets will generally charge more for a dog that is pregnant or in heat. There is more bleeding, more time spent in surgery, etc. So expect a higher bill. And yes, the vet will be able to tell she is in heat even if you don't tell them first.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i soooo know she is in heat i can't beleive the dogs that are coming out of the wood work and how far they come for a piece of tail LOL!!! i am wandering if it will be more expensive even if she mated 5 days before she gets fixed i've never owned a female dog how soon can i tell if she is pregnant????and how long are they pregnant for???
    mamacass911

Comment by mamacass911 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It won't cost anymore. My beagle is preg, and it took us about a month and a half to know for sure. If I were you I'd get her fixed ASAP. And since I don't know the whole story I'm not going to lecture on responsibility. If I'm going to tell someone about responsiblity I will make sure I spell the word properly.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Dogs are pregnant for a few months...........this will basically be a super early abortion, because for canines...they're in heat...in baby making status. The cost shouldn't change, because it's quite early to detect babies. From now on though, it is best to fix females before their first heat.................lower chances of breast or uterine cancer.............just an FYI.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• gestation is 59 to 63 days...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It makes no difference if she is pregnant or not - the increased cost is if she is in heat OR pregnant. She is definitely in heat. So yes, it will be more expensive. And thank you for getting her fixed. Maybe do it before the heat next time :) Male dogs can be awfully persistent.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Probably not but there is a point in the pregnancy when they will not do it. Call them and ask. They will probably do an ultrasound.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you're having it done right now, it won't effect your dog. But I wouldn't put it off too long.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 10:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Normally a vet will not fix a dog in heat...so id call first they might bc she did hve sex lol but if they do fix her then no it won't be a prob that early
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010