What do you think of a mom who?

Did this...10 years ago she left the the kids with her ex and now 10 years later she wants to be a mom. I don't get it (atleast she is stepping up to the plate) but damn some yrs. gone by. I know she was partying a lot and still is but now the kids are teenagers and are pretty much left alone :( Now they don't come over here bc dad has rules and I am sure she does too but not the way it should be bc of what the teens tell us. We feel like we are not in their lives even though we try to. they don't call or give us pictures :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My dad left and I met him when I was fifteen so what I'm about to say I can relate to
    She is their mom, gone or not she is part of them and this is a part in their life that they need to sort out without you. Kids are smart and know who is there for them and who isn't. Let them work through this process themselves and work through your feelings on your own. It's not about rules, or anything else, it's about them right now. Believe me, nothing bothered me more than me trying to figured out this other part of me which was my dad, and my mom trying to make me feel guilty for it because she had to let me know who did all the work. I just felt like "Mom you picked him, not me". But guess what! I know who did what, and where home was in the end. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Who the heck gave them back to her? I can't imagine a Judge would send them home to Mommy when she has been gone for so long.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• This sounds just like my MIL. she up and left my DH when he was like, 4, took his half brother across the country and now that she's back with his half-brother's father, who lives on the east coast like us, she expects DH to just welcome her with open arms and let her play mommy. What drives me nuts is so has an opinion on EVERYTHING in his life and she wasn't even around for most of it!!!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Wow.. i really don't think she should have been given custody but visitation rights! It doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the children to be with their mother
    kashikirino

Answer by kashikirino at 11:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Who is asking this question?
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My dad left us when i was 8yrs for another woman, about 8yrs ago he moved out of state w/his other fam , now he comes every 2yrs expecting for us to welcome him my brosther n sister do but not me, thehell w/him, i needed him back then he wasnt there so i sure as hell dnt need him now.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 5, 2010