If you are on foodstamps how much do you get? NO BASHING EACHOTHER!

my husband used to make $8.00 and we would get $411 for me DH and our 2 DDs. Now he makes $13.68 and they cut it down to $154....he has been getting ALOT of overtime and if he keeps getting it we have to report it and when we do we wont even qualify anymore they said!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• sorry i cant help you.we do not get them
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That's usually how it works they give you 10 days to report it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i get $250 for me and dd... i work pt and go to school plus get child support...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• $411 a month... really... wow.. I feed a family of 5 for $300...with no assistance. Wow...I have to say I speechless...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• when we were buying our own food before we were on FS we were spending $150 every 2 weeks on food so now we will be using 154 of the link card for 2 weeks of food and 150 of our own money..thats all
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 2:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There was a time when we qualified for food stamps but didnt get them. then I could budget out about 60 dollars a week to go to the store and do ok. now we are in a different state and we get 475 a month with me making 8 dollars an hour but I am bout to get another raise to 9.25 and I am sure they will go down some. Am I worried? Nah Means I will have to clip a few more coupons and eat more leftovers. I am glad that I am making my way towards total self sufficiency. FS and Medicaid is all we get. I pay my own rent and all that.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We don't have food stamps here, thank goodness. They just give you the money to buy food. No one knows if you're on assistance or not. But I'd say we probably get about the same amount here. Or I assume so. We are fortunate that Jim has been able to work at the same job for 25 years. What's scary is you never know when that could change. I've been on assisstance before I remarried and you sure don't get a lot.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010