what is the best way to brush your toddlers teeth and tongue?

I have a great problem in getting my son Raheem's teeth and tongue to be clean....he will throw a fit! I am despearatly seeking a way in order to get this done......if he should have a cold his mouth smells ..... so what should I do?

JAgirl

Asked by JAgirl at 9:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started brushing my daughters teeth as soon as she got the first one. And she actually loves it. Most of the time i let her play with the toothbrush for a couple minutes and then i tell her "ok, now its mommys turn to brush your teeth". I sing to her and such.

Brushing teeth is like an every day game we play. Once I had toothpaste she didnt like at all so she didnt want to brush her teeth. I immediately went to the drugstore and got her a different flavored toothpaste.
    If you dont have it yet, get your son a picture book about brushing the teeth. Copy everything they do in the book. Or brush your teeth too when you brush his. Be creative to make him like brushing his teeth.

good luck :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• With an electric tooth brush. They love the vibration!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You should either take him to a dentist or explain to him the dangers of not brushing one's teeth. You should also tell him that if he wants to make friends in the future, he needs to have his mouth smell present. In addition, I strongly suggest you check out this remarkable website called Nogginpower2. Some of the most beneficial things I discovered on Nogginpower2 include packets that can help your child learn Discipline (especially when it comes to his teeth), Making New Friends, Getting Great Grades and Improving Social Skills. These manuals from Nogginpower2 should help train your son to be more responsible and acquire personal hygiene. They should assist you in monitoring your child's behavior as well. Thank you and best of luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• when my daughter first started getting teeeth i would use one of her little wash cloths to wipe her mouth and teeth and then we got her a little tooth brush and i give it to her like two or three times a day and she chews on it and pretends to brush her teeth its her favorit thing cuz it has dora on it get a tooth brush with his favorited character and see how it works
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2008