Acne after baby.

Has anyone else developed acne since giving birth? I had my son over a year ago...before I got pregnant, little to no acne, after, it seems like I ALWAYS have a blemish. Any suggestions on how you manage it if you have it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ughhh yes. my complexion has never been that great but its TERRIBLE now. Seriously, i have the skin of a 15 year old boy, minus the facial hair. I KNOW they say you shouldn't do it, but I honestly wipe my face down with rubbing alcohol. It makes it super dry, so I use a powerful moisturizer. i know I'm probably just making it worse in the long run, but right now its just outta control!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 12:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm having the same problems. I have tried all of the fragrance free, all natural cleansers, paying way too much money, and no better results than with regular neutrogena or noxzema type of cleansers. I'd be really interested to find some product that would help.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've heard putting calamine lotion on your blemishes helps...I'm trying it for the first time tonight, hope it helps!
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• not so much after my daughter.. but right now while being pregnant with my second yes.

I use cures, but it's a line for facialists and I'm not sure of what other spas in your area may have it.

but a facialist in your area can recommend the best products while analyzing your skin type and condition.

if it's acne though the only cure is curing the underlying problem (which could be any number of things, from diet, to stress, to allergies, etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• since I don't know your skin type, and I can't analyze it myself, I couldn't tell you the proper products to use.. what works for one person may not work for you or your skin type and condition.. so a facialist or a dermatologists are the people to seek to determine the best products to use. Besides which.. a facial is one of the most relaxing treatments.. I soo wanna go now and get one..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I am having the same problem! After my first son I was fine, but I just had my second about three weeks ago and now it's just one pimple after another! It's making me crazy since I normally have very clear skin. I am switching to a better cleanser today so I am hoping that will help!
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010