a serious question

ok for years my mom has been overly protective of me an dher other kids. if she sees someone is hurting us or she doesnt like something she says stuff. and thats ok cause she is my mom and love me. but i tend to always bring it home. and i get on my husband about it all. how can i stop?

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 12:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Sounds like you're upset about it and don't want to tell your Mom it bothers you, so you take out your frustration on your husband. The only way to stop doing that is to tell your Mom how you feel.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You can't change your mother. You can set boundaries for what you allow into your own home.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lol have u met my mom. she takes things to much to heart.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• isn't that the wisest thing I ever heard..."you can't change your mom"...family of origin stuff is the hardest to modify....I have to trust the world is a save place for the most part..and limit my exposure to my family when they are freaking out about their stuff (OK they are complete Tea Party people ~they treat people poorly and claim to to be thinking all holy...but they are old).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010