I have always wondered why.........

people seem to get so angry at the use of the word "entitled". To be entitled to something basically means to have a right to it, but people seem to get so angry and make nasty comments when I use the word "entitled". And I almost always read or hear in response "you are not entitled to anything".

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• screww em. keep on rockin!
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• everyone has odd ... i guess "buzz" words..? get ticked about anything revolving around these words. i find it comical
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• because usually the OP is lazy and wants something that they have not earned.

Like I have a gf at work who feels she is "entitled" to her BOYFRIEND...not fiance, not husband..nothing....his Military Pension when he retires. She is miserable and plans to leave him as soon as she gets "her share" of the money that HE earned.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• dont let it bother you.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• People who think they deserve things for merely taking up space on the planet are annoying.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lol
    reina77

Answer by reina77 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You feel entitled to my opinion on this? LOL
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• @Allergic2Stupid..........not at all! You are entitled to give me or not give me your opinion, that is your choice (everything that is DONE is a choice). I was simply asking for it. Love your screen name BTW, I am too!!!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• @ladybug36519......I try not to let it, try very hard!! But after a certain amount of time, I wonder where the stupidity comes from and I am a straight-forward type. So, I ask "Why are you giving me a stupid answer?". I just don't understand why people choose to be so stupid, I am very intelligent and I do not speak of things that I know nothing about. I also NEVER lie, I make sure that I have proof before I state anything in factual sense(Always). If I do not KNOW something to be fact, I will make that clear by stating "I think" or "IMO" beforehand. I get extremely angry when people make the choice not to read what is typed right in front of their face.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think I didn't used to be a bad thing to talk about being entitled to something. But along the way, some people began the think they were entitled to things that they simply were not, things they did not work for. Personally, I think it doesn't help that they can say it's because we have so many freedoms. Don't get me wrong, it's great to live in a free country. But the same people that think they are entitled, without working for a damn thing, cry for their freedoms. KWIM? I'm not always so good at making myself clear, at getting my point across. I get what I'm saying, but I usually can't get it out right.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2010