Saving Cake Batter

I don't have any Crisco or pan release..and I've already mixed the cake batter. Will the batter save well in the fridge to use tomorrow morning?

eastcoastmama11

Asked by eastcoastmama11 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you can save it yes... if you have some butter you can grease your pan with that and dust your pan with flour....
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 12:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I just assumed do that.. but the pan I have specifically says not to use butter for some reason
    eastcoastmama11

Comment by eastcoastmama11 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• then use oil, instead of butter.. what kind of cake are you making
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 12:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i do belive so
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Just a carrot cake.. I'm attempting to do a layered cake.. but I don't know tooo much about it. The pan I'm using says not to use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil
    eastcoastmama11

Comment by eastcoastmama11 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The batter will save in the fridge, but the baking soda/powder starts working once the batter's mixed. I've saved cake batter but noticed that it doesn't raise as much as if I'd baked it fresh.

Are you using a special kind of pan? I bake a lot (also a cake decorator) and I always interchange butter/margarine/vegetable oil/Crisco. I've got a great pan release that mixes 1/2 c. Crisco, 1/2 c. vegetable oil, and 1/2 c. flour, then just grease the pan with it (store the extra in airtight container). Works great, every time.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Thank you! I'll definitely try that pan release! It's a pan for decorating I'm attempting a pretty cool cake for my daughter's first birthday. I ended up just using butter on the bottom of the pan, and lining the bottom with parchment paper. Hopefully it will work out well!!
    eastcoastmama11

Comment by eastcoastmama11 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Parchment paper was a great idea! Good luck!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010