Inducing Labor with Primrose?

I've tried walking, nipple stimulation, sex, and I'm thinking of trying primrose oil vaginally. Has anyone tried this? Any experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try having sex and then go walking for a few hours right afterward. that worked for me the first try and i was having no signs of labor prior
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My friend did the evening prinrose oil. I was there when her doc recommended it. She said to take 3 500mg capsules orally, and insert 1 vaginally. It worked. Do not do this unless you are over 39 weeks though please :) She took it at noon and her daughter was born at 556am :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Aliishott2... Were you past your due date? Just wondering because they are wanting to induce me on the 17th but I am really hoping to have more of a natural induction overtime. I am currently dialated to about 3cm but even with sex, walking, and the lovely nipple thing I simply had contractions all day with a lot of gel discharge but not much else. Then it all just stopped :( Thanks for your thoughts
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• nope. i was exactly 39 weeks and barely dilated at all. within a couple hours after doing that i was 5 cm, you really have to keep moving, you can't take a break from moving, that's how i got her out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i wanna add if you HAVE to sit down rock back and forth continuously while sitting, you've gotta move, i cant stress that enough. if ur in the car and cant more massage the webbing between ur index finder and thumb continuously.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• can't move*
    aliishott2

• Why are you trying to bring on labor? I'm all for the natural ways of bringing it on if the baby is a week or more past due date. Otherwise I think labor goes much better of the baby dictates when it is time.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 7:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010