What is the best way to wash my toddler's hair without it getting in his ears?

When Raheem was a infant I did not have this problem I use to hold him under arm face up and wash his hair....no problem. Now he is older I do not know how to do it.....because he will throw a fit...what to do?

JAgirl

Asked by JAgirl at 9:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the same problem with my daughter. When she was younger (now 15months) i was holding her with my left arm and washed her and her hair with the right hand.

As soon as she started to sit up she didnt want to lay in my arm anymore when taking a bath. She was getting angry and all that drama.

Now that she is too big for her baby bathtub anyway i always give her a bath in our bigh tub. I just put a little bit of water in it and lay her on her back. Sometimes she is still complaining about it, but she will get over it. Because its a must to wash her hair. Anyway, I lay her on her back and then wash her hair. I always make sure her back/butt/legs are still in the water though so she doesnt get cold while i wash her hair. When you do it like this you can also avoid getting water in the ears. After washing the hair she gets a bathtub full of water and all her water toys and she is happy again :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if you can use a shower head. That way you have nore control of the water pressure and where it goes. It works wonders on my 5 kids even my 4 month old!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• the extended, long hose shower heads that is :)
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my son hates water in his face or ears have always washed his hair with a washcloth takes longer to rinse etc. but he never fusses.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008