Since summer is ending and fall is approaching, do you go apple picking?

What is your favorite dish to make using fresh apples? What is your favorite variety?

Sisteract

Asked by Sisteract at 12:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I did it for the first time last fall and absolutly loved it. The kids had a great time and so did my husband and I. We will definitely be doing it again this year.
    CharletteP

Answer by CharletteP at 3:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• This will be our first year taking my daughter Apple picking. We actually went last month to Apple Hill but we went to pick Blue Berries. We are planning on going to pick Apples next weekend.
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 3:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes it is During the Summer. I was online trying to find out when most of the farms were going to be open; I read about Picking Blueberries and thought it would be something new and fun for our daughter. She had so much fun, we gave her own little bucket to carry, she would pick a few for the bucket and then pop one in her mouth.
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 12:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We usually make a trip to Apple Hill, in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. We like a variety of local apples. I like apple crsip~

Sisteract

Comment by Sisteract (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nope, no apples to pick here in Los Angeles...dang it,,now Im jealous!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Beyond- I live in LA Cty too- I just travel the 7 hours to pick (and visit family and work)-

Sisteract

Comment by Sisteract (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well then Sister,,bring me some back next time you go. My car could not make a 7 hr trip out of state,,oh heck no. My apples would be applesauce by the time we got back home. I will make you an apple pie if you bring me back some apples on your next trip? What do you say,,its a win/win here..:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well I have four apple tree in my back yard, and yes we pick them often....
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We have apple trees in our yard so makes it very easy to pick. My favorite thing to cook with them is apple cobbler.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think I want to take them to Apple Holler this year (in WI) so they can do some apple picking.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010