anyone have their baby at 37 weeks?

I was just wondering what others have experienced with having their babies at 37-38 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had to have mine delivered by emergency c-section at 38 weeks and my son was absolutely fine. He was healthy and ready to leave on schedule. At 36 weeks, babies are technically full term. So they are ready to come out. I've had no problems with his growth since and he's super healthy. I hope that helps, and best of luck to you!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had a planned c-section at 38.5 weeks and my son was perfect. We planned to have him at 37 weeks, but had an amnio the day before the surgery to check his lung maturity and he was still not ready to be born. I know they say 37 weeks is full term but I think a lot depends on the individual baby. My son is on the small side and always has been so maybe that's why.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had tp have both of my DS induced at 37.5 and 37 weeks because of health problems. Thet were both very healthy and weighed 7lbs 14 oz. and 7 lbs 4 oz.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes i did i had mine at exactly 37 weeks and unfortunitly he was born without fully developed lungs and was in the nicu for 2 week it was so scary and i almost had him at 34 weeks but we were able to madicate and hold off for another 3 weeks
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had my Son at 37 weeks and he was born healthy weighing in at 7lbs and 11ozs. The only issues we had were with Jaundice which can happen with a full term baby.

Are you having your baby early?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My DS was born at 36 weeks no complications(did have jaundice but even full term babies can have jaundice) for him I had Pre-E and My DD was born at 37 1/2 weeks no complications happy and healthy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My second DS broke my water at 38wks.
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010