How do you introduce yourself to dh ex?

My fiance just got custody of his dd, him n his ex were married for 10 yrs and have a 15yr old, we have been together for 3 yrs, we would see each other in court & i have no problem w/her , but she has never spoken to me, i would catch her staring at me but as soon as we would make eye contact she would turn away, now that his dd is w/us, i figured hey we need too, at this point she has no rights over her dd& no visitations only if dh decides too,im a sahm i pick up her dd from school n spend alot of time w/her thats why i feel it to be necesary, any advice?

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If she has no rights or visitation then I would not worry about introducing myself any time soon.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I forgot to add, that it is just my opinion and that is what I would do.
    itsallabtthem84

• She is the little girl's mother and deserves a certain amount of respect! It sounds like you are very into your step daughter which is good. I have no idea why a mother would be denied any parental visitation unless there was illegal activity of some type. If the mother is around, I would be very pleasant with her, ask her how she was doing, feeling...I would not be so nervous that I gave away family tales; talking to fill a silence. Let her take the lead in conversation and until you get to know her better, don't trust her! Don't forget, she has a daughter the courts ruled she could not spend time with unless her ex said OK. That could cause a lot of anger. Did you ever see, "Stepmom"? That would be the ideal ending, but does not always happen. You are walking a fine line and I wish you lots of luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• She got denied because she did not complete her anger management & counceling, she is bipolar and would abuse her dd, i try not to jusge her as i know she needs help, she is very much out of it, shes having a hard time getting medical assistance but i know she is trying to get back on her meds, i do not wish for my step daughter to see her mother lose it completely but i know that if she doesnt see her dd, she might end up doing so.
    gabby06

Comment by gabby06 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010