why do some people think bp is bad?

im bp. and i be on a rollercoaster from time to time. yet im the sweetest person ull ever meet. jus dont be bad to me.

reina77

Asked by reina77 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They don't know anything about it. It's extremely stigmatized like all other mental illnesses.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If people don't know what it is, then they get real weird around the ones that do have the illness. I have been in that situation with family members. There are also some people think that being around the one with BP is contagious. ALot are just mean,
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I thought you were asking about BP, the gas station.... LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• sherribeare
    u gave me a good laugh!!!! lol
    reina77

Comment by reina77 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've had experiences with people were diagnosed with bp and it was BAD. They were suicidal. Wouldn't stay on their meds. Got strung out on drugs and alcohol. Those things tell you that it is BAD. I don't personally know anyone with BP disorder (not the gas station) who live normal lives. So thats why I Think its bad. I'm sure it can be managed, I just haven't met the person who can. I pray for you that you can and will manage it. Stay blessed.
    ebonyjwriter

Answer by ebonyjwriter at 1:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ha I thought she metn the oil company too! :)

But PB in general isn't bad-- it's how the people handle it that make it bad, just with anything. There are so many people who are BP and we don't even know it. They have it under control. It is those who are severe who don't have it under control who make a bad name for everyone else with it.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think it's because the only time you hear about BP in the media it's usually a bad story.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have BP and have for 23 years. When I was first dx I did not want the label "crazy" so I spent many years in denial and would not take my meds. I then spent the next 11 years in and out of mental hospitals. I finally found a really good doctor that put my disease into the proper perceptive for me. He explained to me that I had a illness just like diabetes, I had to take my meds everyday to be well and also to live (the suicide rate among ppl with BP is among the highest). So what it boiled down to is, I had what could be a fatal illness! The only difference between my illness and a diabetic was where the chemical imbalance was. Mine was in the brain and diabetes is in the endocrine system. When it was explained to me like that I began to faithfully take my meds and have since led a normal life (if anyone can define normal, lol). I went back to work and life has been great for me since.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 4:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm with sherri on this I was thinking you meant BP not bipolar.
    I have never seen anyone talk bad or say bp is bad. I see nothing wrong with it. I know the person can't control their thoughts and moods. The only bp person I know is my older brother and he's crazy (crazy for other reasons other then bp) and I stay clear of him
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010