his eyelid is swollen??!?

My 7 month old sons eyelid is swollen. he has a dr. appointment today, but i just wanted to know if anyone knew why it would be swollen? its almost swollen shut and i feel so bad. Is there anything i can do for him until his appointment. He doesnt act like it bothers him, he is still as happy as a clam... as usual.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 9:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well the alergie thing is the best bet. and as usual he is happy because he is a good baby.I think most women would trade to have him any day just because of last weekend when he had the ear thing the staph and yeast infection and cutting teeth all at the same time and yet he was happy. Lets cross our fingers your niece is just as content. I dont need a "pterodactyl"!!!!
    SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Could be an eye infection. Something maybe came into his eye. Could be stung by a bee or anything else. Or he just hit his eyes. Allergy maybe.

Could be so much. The doctor will figure it out. But its nothing serious i think, because if so he wouldnt be happy and calm.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Do any allergies run in your family? Milk, soy, berries, nuts?

When is his appointment? I'd probably just wait and leave it alone, unless it looks like it's starting to bother him, then I'd call and see if they could bump me up and get me into the office earlier.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008