Does anyone have a rescue greyhound?

Three months ago we adopted our 3rd rescue greyhound . The other 2 we had (now deceased) had no problem going "outside" to do their business.
This one is so sweet and playful and we really love her, but she still has accidents in the house. Has anyone out there had this kind of problem?

Mary55

Asked by Mary55 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pets

• I have a retired grey hound named Belle that comes to my house for doggie day care. She also wants to potty on the floor. Since they are raised in a kennel and are keep on concrete most of their lives they sometime have a hard time knowing when not crated where to go to potty.I have to watch her very closely and make sure I take her outside a lot. I also monitor her water intake and feeding schedules. After eating or drinking we go for a walk. She always potties now at the mailbox where thousands have gone before her. lol After eating even if it is a treat , back outside we go. Had her owners ck her for a urinary infection to make sure she was not sick or had bladder problems. She cked out fine. So it's a matter of retraining her thought processes for this issue. Have had her 2 wks and we are making progress. Owners do the same routine and we are in insinc  with each other.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• just a comment belle is avery lucky dog to have two famlies who love her god bless you
    momtomany55

Answer by momtomany55 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We've had Heat around 2 months now, he's had a few accidents, but not many. You really have to keep them on a schedule, at the track their life is very routine. The get up, the go out, they eat, they go out, etc. If she doesn't go outside, kennel her for another 30 min and try again. Once she sees that she goes out of the kennel, goes potty outside and then gets to play in the house, she'll catch on quick.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008