is it ok to be embarressed about my first time pregnancy?

lisachole23

Asked by lisachole23 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what exactly are you embarrassed about
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You mean the fact that you have a ton of questions and hardly any answers and you are scared and not sure what the heck is going to happen to you, your body, your baby. You mean that kind of embarrassment? If thats what you are talking about then pull up a chair and relax cause we have all been there before. CM has plenty of groups for first time pregnant moms. You are in the right place hon!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• /my 1st pg i was single i was never embarrassed now w/my 2nd i was w/my partner n always wanted him around me i didnt want people to think i was a single mom , it was dumb but im guessing it was the hormones.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• sure, you'll get over it eventually though. All the changes and attention are a lot to handle sometimes, but it's so worth it in the end!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• What do you have to be embarrassed about, it is such a blessing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Why are you embarassed? I don't understand...care to elaborate?
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I remember feeling a bit embarrassed that my family now had proof I was having sex lol, my 1st baby wasn't planned and I wasn't particularly young, also not knowing stuff made me feel a bit stupid at times so I went out my way to read anything I could about pregnancy and birth just to try and educate myself. Now being pregnant with my 2nd baby, I feel confident and realise I spent way too much time woryying about what others thought and about the pregnancy.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I got pregnant with my first when I was 18 and the father of my child and I weren't together, I was embarrassed, I was doing it on my own and then people would always ask if I knew who the father was since we weren't together, I look young. I'm 24 and people think I'm 17 so when I was 18 people thought I was 14 or 15 and I would always get weird comments, I loved having a baby growing in my tummy but I did try to hide it from the world. I would wear big clothes and big sweaters, to try to hide my growing belly, I regret it now, I wish I would have embraced it more and taken more pictures and been a lot more happier with my first pregnancy. Message me if you need to talk.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Embarrassed about *being* pregnant?

Yah, I was... other people would know that I was sexually active... whether they knew me or not, and I'd been married for years, too, lol, but they knew I had a sex life... that was a little embarrassing. Mostly for me with my family.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010