Cause for bleeding 2 weeks after your period? adult content

I had my period 2 wks ago then i noticed some brownish pink blood when i went to the bathroom. It's been 4 days now with the first 2 days brownish pink then light red with a little cramping but not as bothersome as a period. My period ran from tues to sat. That following tues i had unprotected sex and also on fri and sat in the same week, which sat was my first fertile day in my 28 day cycle. That sat i forgot to take my pill but only took my sun pill (threw out the missed sat pill, bad, i know...) but have been on time with my pills since. No blood after sex... That thurs i noticed the brownish pink blood. This sat, which would be 7 days from the last time i had sex, i took a hpt and it came out negative. I researched it and keep coming up with implantation bleeding... So is it still posssible to be pregnant with a negative hpt? PS the blood has little to no odor and it doesn't hurt or burn when i pee but peeing very often.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like implantation bleeding to me. It is instantly what I thought of when I saw your question. Wait a few days and test again...may just be too early to tell!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, I agree with kamsmommy, it sounds like implantation bleeding.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Thank you so much! I've been researching this all day and everything keeps coming back to implantation bleeding. I'm so anxious to find out if i am indeed pregnant!!! I'm 29 with one child, she's 11 and i want another one so bad!!!!!!
    IluvChristian81

Answer by IluvChristian81 at 3:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Brown blood is old blood...could be left over from your period? Sounds like something hormonal is causing this bleeding,. which can happen if you aren't taking the pills correctly. Or, it could be implantation, but I don't believe implantation bleeding is typically that heavy/frequent? Good luck!
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 7:21 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I did read that in my research but wouldn't having sex trigger that old blood to come out? The bleeding didn't start until 5 days after the last time i had sex. And the bleeding isn't heavy, i've used a tampon and barely anything is there. It's mostly noticeable in the a.m. when i use the restroom . It ran for 4 days cause i didn't notice any today. I also found that some women have experienced implantation bleeding that was as heavy as a period (mine wasn't) and had it for as long as 5 days and they were indeed pregos and now have healthy babies. I'm honestly torn cause i have read that it could be so many different things but i did speak to a GYNO online and gave her all my symptoms and she said it sounds like implantation bleeding but too early to show up on a hpt so i have to wait a few days for a blood test. I only missed 1 pill but had unprotected sex that day... it was also my 1st fertile day of my 28 day cycle... IDK??
    IluvChristian81

Answer by IluvChristian81 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It could be implantation bleeding. It could also be ovulation bleeding, which happens when the egg releases. If you're not on birth control you would probably notice it more often but birth control suppresses ovulation which would explain why this month you have it (since you didn't take your birth control and possibly ovulated this month).
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Even if i only missed one pill it might have caused me to ovulate? That would be my first then because i've missed days of pills and still never experienced this kind of mid-cycle bleeding before. I also have read on many sites that both implantation and ovulation bleeding only lasts for 1-3 days. I am now going on 5 days ( i did actually bleed a little today), still very light and i'm not due for my actual period till the 14th (last wk of my pill pack). When i have missed 2 pills in a row i have had breakthrough bleeding but it only lasted till i took a pill, like it would start on the 2nd day of the missed pill then i'd remember my pill and take it and the blood is gone by the next day. I really don't know what to think... I've also read it might be something more serious like cancer since it's lasted so long. I don't have any pain or discomfort at all with the bleeding. I am so scared right now that i can't sleep...
    IluvChristian81

Answer by IluvChristian81 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010