Anyone have a portable dishwasher? Do they work just as good as the under-the-counter types?

Just wondering because I am thinking about getting one.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 2:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Bump. I don't have one yet be we also are thinking about it. I'm totally interested to see what others say. I have known a few people who had them and they said they worked just as well. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We had one in my old house, my parents had one and my great grandmother had one.... all worked great!! Beats washing by hand!!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We have a small dishwasher in our RV and it works just the same as the regular full size one at home.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I used to have one before we moved and it worked great. I really liked it and the dishes got just as clean as a built in one.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The portable dishwasher that I had worked just as good as the under-the-counter one that I have now. My only complaint was the space that it took. It's another thing I had to find room for and work around, and while it was running I couldn't use my kitchen sink to get water.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My mom has one, and it does a good job. There's really no difference between the built-in ones that I noticed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i have one and it works just as well to clean but it does leave a cloudy residue on my dishes...this could be the water or just my machine tho...i really like mine...plus it has a butcher-block type top so its more counter space...the part about not being able to run water from your sink while its running tho can be kind of a pain but i just try to run it when i go to bed at night so thats not an issue
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have what is called a convertible dishwasher. It is literally a full size standard under counter dishwasher that is portable. Mine is a Maytag... it is works just as good if not better. I have to roll it around from the corner to the sink to hook it up. It is heavy and after about 9 years of rolling it around it destroyed my sheet vinyl floor. I now have a more durable vinyl tile floor and it is fine! I love it...I just don't have the space to built it in. My microwave sits on top of it! LOL....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010