Is this normal?

I'm 20 weeks 4 days pregnant, and up til now, I've had a super high sex drive (even though it hurt sometimes, I still wanted "it"). So now my sex drive is like gone. Is this normal?

Tink0711

Asked by Tink0711 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• VERY normal. You'll have fluctuating and changing hormones throughout your pregnancy and it can make you want it a lot or not want t at all. Also, the more your body changes it could make you feel more or less attractive and that can definitely have an effect on your sex drive too!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had the same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter. I wanted it ALL the time up until about 20 weeks and then it just stopped and I didn't "crave" it again until I was 3 weeks post pardum. My doctor said it is completely normal and some people crave it the whole pregnancy and some don't crave it at all. It all depends on the person. So yeah I would say it is normal. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes Sweetie. It is very normal. You will find that from now until the time you deliver it will flucuate back and forth. Hormones have a big part to do with it as well as the way you feel about yourself and if you have any pregnancy complications.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 3:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yup, very normal. You're body is going through a lot...hormones change. It's not permanent, fortunately:)
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 7:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes, it will return and then disappear again around 36 weeks.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, It is normal....
    didine995

Answer by didine995 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes, very normal.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2010