Does degenerative disc disease hurt?

I have chronic neck pain, and a couple of years ago a ER Dr. told me I had severe degenerative disc disease and thats why my neck would hurt so much. Since then I have seen other doctors and two have said that is not the reason for my pain. I have had other people with DDD tell me it does hurt. So Im wondering if thats what has me in so much pain?!

beaniesmommy04

Asked by beaniesmommy04 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Mine hurt in my lower back. Some docs will tell you whatever to either make you come back (for money) or not come back cause they are tired of you. But mine hurt. Think about it, bones in your back are not supposed to touch each other. The ER doc told you the truth.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was told I had degenerating discs in my neck.... 2 pinched nerves in my neck and one in my back which caused my deltoid muscle to deteriorate. I also have 2 bulgding discs in my neck and I have severe pain daily. I was told this will never going away and have been in physical therapy for the last year! the bulgding discs move daily which is the main part of my pain. I have the spine of an 80 year old and I'm only 24! I do get pains throughout my spine but usually it's restriction in my neck... So I don't think my pain is from degenerative discs... Have your drs looked into other reasons your neck hurts? Mine didn't and now I'm missing a muscle! Hope they figure it out and your pain subsides!!!! Neck pain isn't easy to deal with!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have DDD in my upper back, and yes, it is painful!
    AmyJusty

Answer by AmyJusty at 6:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010