How often does your husband/boyfriend turn down sex and/or a blow job?

Have you been married long? Do you have kids? Do you think that sex is a important part of a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• never!! we've been married almost 6 years and have a 12 wk old and a 2 year old... I am the one who turns it down! I do think it's important... but right nowww i am so tired with the new baby
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• never turns down a blow job. and sex only when hes tired or busy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Been married 21 years and together 23 and I can say I have never been turned down. When our kids were little I was the one who did the turning down....little ones can tucker you out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Been married 7 years together 9 my husband has never turned down sex or a blow job. Usually I am the one who says please honey I am so tired can I have a rain check lol, honestly I think 4 to 5 times a week is enough. Yes I think sex is a very important part of a marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• been married 11yrs 2boys I just dont care for sex here lately niether does he almost 2 months havent done a thing but we have been fighting for 2 months too
    Julie25

Answer by Julie25 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My bf has a very stressful job so doesn't feel like it more than once or twice a week. He makes the moves and I'm fine with that. So I've never been turned down and I've never turned him down. We've been together almost 2 years and both of us are over 50.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It's not just sex; intimacy in general is very important. Lack of intimacy can really hurt a marriage. We kiss, hug, hold hands, snuggle almost daily, so we are very intimate in that matter. As for the actual sex, that comes and goes like a roller coaster. Sometimes we are at the peak and every, every active in that regard, sometime we are in a low and are not active at all; other times we are in the middle and things in that regarded are steady. I don't know how many times I've said "NO" or how many times he has said "NO". I do know we've both have had our share of stress, tiredness, work issue, children issues, that effect our "mood" and if we want to have sex or not. Sometimes we honestly are just happy with laying in bed together and snuggling (me laying in his arms) until we both fall asleep. We've been married for almost 9 years.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think sex is a very important part of a relationship, especially since I have been without it the last 4 years...since my dh had an "on-the-job" accident, that left him completely unable to function sexually. I think it contributes to alot of his stress and tension in our relationship. He not only lost his job, his identity-but he lost his ability in his mind, to "be a man." He has alot of rage and anger issues...which are taken out on me. I realize alot of it is because of his frustration over the entire situation and feeling hopeless and helpless. But it does not sanction him to verbally abuse me and put me down, which he has begun doing. It just causes me to pull away from him inside and lose my trust in him. I can't talk to him about any fears or anxieties I may have, or he just goes "off." He does not care who hears him when he erupts into one of these verbal tantrums either.
    Jael580

Answer by Jael580 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Well.... been married 7 years and together for a little over 8 and I can say he has never turned me down...... but on that note I very rarely ask..... sex for me is not a big factor.....I would rather cuddle with him and just have him hold me.....but I don't usually turn him down either unless it has been an extreamly long day!
    tagable

Answer by tagable at 11:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My DH used to turn sex down, of course I was ready 24/7! Then we had our first and my interest in sex waned. Then his drive picked up and I was turning him down! :D We've been married for 16 years. Sex takes a backseat sometimes to tight schedules and busy boys! I think it is an important part, but only a part.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008