what is the best age to start preschool 3 or 4 years old? Trying to get an idea.

AngelPie2007

Asked by AngelPie2007 at 3:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter is 3 she'll be 4 in december she is currently in preschool and because she doesn't turn the required age for kindergarten in time she misses it by 10 days. so she has to go to preschool for 2 years. but it's not bad, she loves school.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My sons school said preschool starts at 2yrs 9mos so in December I am going to register my daughter since there is a waiting list. Hopefully by Feb. she gets accepted. My son just started Kindergarden 2 days ago and my daughter is lost without him so it will be a good thing if she can go to preschool in Feb.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• my daughter went at 3..it was every tues and thurs from 9-1130
    and the next year she went mon wed and fri from 9-1130..

she had 2 years of preschool..she looved it! i put her in it for the socialization aspect of it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My daughter is 2 1/2. We haven't decided whether or not to have her go to preschool. She is in a ton of activities now, just not "preschool." She is in gymnastics, yoga, etc..... I think it just depends on your situation. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I say 4 years old. I started mine at 3 and I regreted it. You need that one last little bit of baby time before they start to school.Believe me after they start they grow up all too fast and you will never get those precious days back. I never put my youngest in pk and I love those mem. I have of him before he had to grow up.
    tigergirl31

Answer by tigergirl31 at 5:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It depends on the child. Sometimes a 3y/o is not ready to socialize with other children. My suggestion would be to start with play groups of small amount of children, like 3 or 4. School can have up to 12 or 14 children in a class. You don't want to the child to dread school.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I took my daughter at 4. She was kind of bored with it because she could do most of the work already but I wanted her to get used to me dropping her off and her staying somewhere else while I was gone. I stay home with my kids and plan on doing the same with my younger children as well!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Depends on kid. My son started 2 days/week for half a days at 2.5 years old. He is 4 years old and it was the best decision we ever made. He has now went there going on 3 full years. We choose a private preschool and there is only 9 kids in his class. He has really come of his shell, more assertive, confident, etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i think 3 they will learn so much form preschool and be ready when they start
    paytonbabay06

Answer by paytonbabay06 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i think three is a good age. they're ready to learn. they want to be social. my son is three and he will be starting pre-k this October.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010