Did you find after having a child that....

You had some mental problems you had ignored and now faced with?

I'm asking due to well am I the only one it sucks I hate it but thankful for my son in saving me but it's hard.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, a life changing event like having a child can bring your issues to the forefront. When I had children I had to deal with some emotional issues that I had swept under the rug for years. They all came flooding back. Luckily I sought professional guidance and got through it. Get the help you need to move on and have a rich, full, life. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm not sure exactly what you're going through but I know that postpartum depression seams to be common. Definitely talk to your doctor.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Oh I wish it was just post partum that you can get over no I'm bipolar and ignored the signs and issues until I became pregnant and then had my son.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 5:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I completely agree with you elizabr. I went thru a terrible time when my daughter became about the same age as I was when my cousin had his way with me for the first time. It sent me into a nervous breakdown and a revelation of my own life and how I did not want the same for my kids. Major changes took place in my life and thank god my daughter has not had to deal with anything that I did. It has given me a sense of accomplishment that I can protect my children when my parents didn't protect me.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010