Do You want to know the Truth or a bandage?

I have found that when I give someone the truth it isn't well received. A couple of times, knowing the emotional levels were high with a person, I gave them a bandage instead of the ability to solve her issues because I knew she didn't want to hear the truth. So which is better? Give them the Truth no matter what the cost, or tell them something that will relieve the pain for the moment?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 4:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Use your judgement. You can tell the truth with a pos spin. Like, yeah I can tell you put on a few pounds but I think your hubby may like the extra junk in the trunk, lol. GL
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• if you were my friend I'd appreciate the truth no matter what, for as harsh as it sounds the truth is always better. Maybe it'd make me feel like crap for that second but I'd know you were being honest and helping me out more then trying to relieve me of any pain that I'm alter gonna have to deal with anyways.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm reminded of Genie from Aladdin... "TELL HER THE TRUTH!!!" I think that just maybe stuck in my memory forever. LOL! But seriously, I always want the truth and also try to tell the truth no matter what. But if I think they may not take it well I really try to say it in the nicest way I know how.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Honestly is always best. If it were me, I'd want the truth.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Gosh, I almost always would want to hear the truth. But having said that my hubby is the most honest person I know. Sometimes I wish he would candy coat things. It might save me some anguish at times.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• the lie may make someone feel better but the truth is always the best route know matter what
    D3283003

Answer by D3283003 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The truth is always better, if it's not received well, they aren't ready to hear it yet. Sometimes I'll wait until emotions aren't as high and then talk more about it later.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010