I am looking for contacts at diabetic clinics for children across the USA. If anyone has dealt with someone personally and can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to notify as many hospitals about a great new website called www.parentingdiabetickids.com which will help any family dealing with a newly diagnosed child with Type 1 diabetes.Thanks in advance for your help.

diabetes, Type 1, pediatric clinics in the USA

R32noel

Asked by R32noel at 10:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I do not have a child wit h diabetes, but I can help you. I my grandmother had diabetes and my cousin has had it scince she was 3 years old. I told my father that if I ever came into a large amount of money that would be the first orginzation i would love to donate to. I think you should do a journal post on cafemom and ask if they can make popular. The second thing would be start a group or even look for a group on cafemom that is about type 1 diabetes, and let the other mothers know about this site that can help them out. I do not know if you have a myspace or not but send bullitins with the information and have them repost the bullitin.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Sorry there was so much that you can put in your answer so I started another one. If you need any more help or would like me to post some things just let me know .
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Thanks for the suggestion. looks neat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• We have been to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, MO. They have a Endocrine/Diabetes clinic inside. It is a great place...the main number is 816-234-3000, you could probably just ask for the diabetes clinic, and they would point you in the right direction. Good luck. :)
    adamsmom324

Answer by adamsmom324 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My son was recently diagnosed at the age of 14. He was airlifted to Vanderbilt Childrens hospital in Nashville, Tn. I have to say they are among the best in USA if not the world. They took wonderful care of all of us. I am glad to report he is doing well and working hard for soccer and motocross. This is the about section of their website. http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/diabetes/12782
    BeckyS1970

Answer by BeckyS1970 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009