I have a dog that eats everything thats plastic. In the last two days she's destroyed 3 of my Tubeings for my oxygen. Any ideas how I can break her of a dangerous habit?

It started with her finding my empty little bottles. We thought it was a cute inexpensive toy for her. Now she chews anything white and plastic. We had just bought a vacumn cleaner and she got hold of one of the attatchments. Needless to say we're going to have to replace it. Its getting dangerous because now she's chewing up my oxygen tubeing. The company only gives so many and aren't open on weekends. They have emergency service group 150 miles away. Can't afford hospital. Which is why I need to resolve this before I'm forced to give her away. I don't want to do that unless my life is in danger.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pets

• obedience training
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You need to be diligent and remove everything plastic from her reach. Just like dealing with a baby. Maybe you could get some ideas from your vet or do research online. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Here is a really good article on the subject by a vet

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=875&S=1&SourceID=60
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Wish I could afford the schooling. This is a poverty area and dogs are at the bottom of the food chain. We've removed everything we see. She is just one fast dog! I mean, we just got the vacuum cleaner. My husband was putting it together when she quietly snuck in the room and dragged out the attachment! You want to get mad, but she so darn funny at the way she does it. She's a miniture poodle, but she is a high jumper. She jumped up to the counter where my husband and placed some hotdogs to cook in the microwave. He just turned to open it and back to pick up the hotdogs. They were all gone! I know I should be angry. It just so amazing all the things she does! Wish I could bottle her energy! Thank you for what you've suggested. I'll check out the article too.
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Purchase bitter apple from your local pet store. It works.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Mix cyanne pepper and water to make a liquid and put it on what you dont want the dog to chew on. The dog will ONLY chew it one time. They HATE the cyanne pepper and will NOT chew anything with it on it ever again.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I like the apple spray idea!!!! Do that,don't give her away!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• keep out her way and spray it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010