How can I get my husband organized?

My husband is always losing things.

tigergirl31

Asked by tigergirl31 at 5:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I do that too. I started putting my keys and wallet in a small bowl by the door, so I don't leave without them like I have in the past. If they aren't in the bowl, I WILL leave without it and forget where I set them.

So...have him have a special place he always puts "whatever" so he always knows where it is.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Keep in mind, this just maybe how he is. I have ADD. I have a special place to put things and usually it works, but there are times I forget and put it somewhere else and lose it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When teaching the key is to be consistant. Also, be gentle. Screaming and yelling will not work. I found husbands are like children. When my DH and I were 1st married, he left everything everywhere. I would call him from basement or whatever room he was in to come and clean up his mess. One day, which was the last day I had to call and remind him, he was at a friends house. I came home from work and found the bedroom a mes with his work clothes thrown all over and he had taken a nap and not remade the bed. I called the house and told him it was an emergency and he needed to come home. He was not happy with me, but he always cleans his mess before going anywhere.

Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• with patiences and understanding
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 8:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2010