I want to teach my son Hebrew. Know where I can learn it without having to pay an arm and a leg and my first born child?

We read the bible together. Since it was written in the jewish culture and language, we thought we'd have a better understanding of some of the words and their meanings if we knew the language of the time Hebrew/Greek. I've looked at groups located in Jerusalem. But they want hundreds of dollars. We are a low income family. Any advice?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They do have free online courses at Aish.com and KosherTorah.com. You can also check with a local synagouge to see what they offer.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Look into homeschool cirriculuums catered to the Jewish religion.....you can probably contact a homeschool group or do a google search..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I saw some books at the book store just the other day (go to Language section) about learning Hebrew. They weren't very much.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• keeping in mind there's no where for him to use it shy of becoming a rabbi, so he's likely to forget if he doesn't use it regularly. Is it worth the investment of time if he's forgotten everything 20+ yrs from now?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i would go the library. thats the cheapest place i know of. in fact the elkhart library was just selling books about jerusalem.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2010