I had a baby four days ago, what can I do to ease the soreness? adult content

I had a really easy delivery, no stitches or anything, but I'm just super sore and going to the bathroom is mildly unpleasant. I sit in a sitz bath 3-4 times a day and try not to push myself physically, but is there anything else I can do to relieve the discomfort besides wait and sitz?

DanielleKay87

Asked by DanielleKay87 at 6:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• nope, consider yourswelf lucky! And don't worry with the help of your new baby time will go by fast and you will feel better within the next 2 weeks.. congrats
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 6:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• try an ice pack
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 6:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The nurses at my hospital had me line my pad with tucks pads. It really helped with the swelling and discomfort.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Congratulations!!!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Cold packs and heat...alternate..
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Congradulations on your new baby;) Rest, tylenol and motrin, ice packs and peri care with every time you use the bathroom plus the sitz bath. You also want to eat lots of fiber and drink plenty of water to prevent constipation. Don't hold back oin your stool or you will become constipated and that is a pain in the --- you don't want!

BTW, if you are breastfeeding tylenol and mortrin are safe. Good luck and feel better soon!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you like cantalope, eat tons of it. I had stiches and had a great fear of the toilet, LOL. I ate cantalope with every meal and it seemed to soften things up.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 8:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I used tucks. Also my midwife gave me this pads (the really huge bulky kind) that had witch hazel on them and put them in the freeze, AMAZING. Just try to find a nice comfy place to sit (or lay down if it feels better). You can also try an OTC stool softener to help make going to the bathroom a little easier.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i just had a baby 6 weeks ago...i was in a lot worse shape than you tho so here is all the things i did...the hospital gave me 'Derma-plast', its a spray and it numbs the area so i sprayed my pad with it...i alternated that with lining my pad with tucks pads...they had the cold pads in the hospital and they were awesome! so if you can get a frozen or cold pad then do it~! i never would have imagined that having freezing cold stuff on that area of my body would feel SO GOOD!! a bag of frozen peas works wonders too. i took tylenol and ibuprofen...and u can take them together, also i took a stool softener twice a day to keep things nice and soft...i actually got worried at one point and took some milk of magnesia just to clean myself out, it didnt give me diahrrea but it can for some people so be careful...also when i went to the bathroom standing up to pee and poop is what i had to do...cont'd
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i still have to stand up or kind of hover to pee sometimes...i dont know about you but right after birth it felt like everything was going to fall out anytime i sat on the toilet and standing over it instead helped...and you can use a handful of toilet paper and put pressure on your front area while you are having a BM and it will help to relax your bottom...i had a catheter so my urethra and all the muscles around it were and still are sore from all the pushing while the catheter was in...try to sit on one cheek or the other...dont sit or stand or lay down for too long at a time...alternating is sssooooo important! and remember to drink water!!!!! its ssooooo easy to get dehydrated and even if you dont have time or appetite for a full meal, at least drink plenty of water and eat a small snack, it will keep you going! right now youve got hormones and adrenaline but when they crash you need backup!! GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010