How can I get the annoying, a**hole-ish attitude out of my husband?

SavanaF.

Asked by SavanaF. at 6:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't. You have no power to change him nor to even make him want to change. It's a character issue and the only way it will change is if he decides he wants to be different. What you can do is to choose to not let his attitude upset you nor to make you to be any different from the person you are. Practice ignoring him when he acts ugly. Leave the room or leave the house and find something to do that you enjoy doing. You might benefit from reading BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i would like a little more info, but nannyb's right you can't. but if you two talk then maybe you can discuss it, like i said more info please.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• NannyB is right ... you can't change anyone, you can only change yourself.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have to say that I have found that sometimes when my husband seems rude I take a look in the mirror and see how what I am doing or saying to him might be contributing to it. Sometimes all it take is my appreciating him a little and his attitude improves instantly.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:21 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• it's your husband with the issues and you can't change him.
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 8:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• what everyone else says, but if you find a magic cure let me know, bc i have one of those
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with NannyB!! I suspect that your husband had these traits when you met and married him, it's just that you thought you could either change him or it didn't bother you much at the time--and now you've grown up and he hasn't and you want to fix things.

All change comes form within. You cannot change (and be happy) for someone else--it never lasts long!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Gently remind him where his penis goes!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010