What other things can I do to help my little man breathe easier?

I clear his nose when he wakes up in the morning and throughout the day when I see boogies in his nose. I have used the nasal bulb thingie and saline solution. What else can I do?

maryannwinters

Asked by maryannwinters at 7:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can get a humidifier and put it near where he sleeps. I use the warm mist with vicks and it made it much easier for my LO to get through her first few colds.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i also seen baby breathe right strips for kids under 5 lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Humidifier in the room. Johnsons makes a menthol baby wash, that my WHOLE family uses when whe are feeling stuffy, Vicks does make a infant formula vapor rub that has some additional essential oils to help relax then as well as the menthol to open up the sinuses. Whenever DS gets a cold I elevate his crib matress, to help keep coughing down too.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The humidifier was a great suggestion by coala, I would only add that in my own research to decide between warm and cool mist humidifiers I decided on cool mist for several reasons, No heating element on the floor to keep DS away from, warm and wet breeds more bacteria, and by the time the mist gets into the bronchial tubes, the temperature is the same.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• In the middle of the night if my real little ones are stuffy i will wet a q tip and leave it real wet and swab it out really fast they fuss for a minute but they will be able to breath after and sometimes i would aspirate after.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Is baby still in a crib? Put something under the cribs matress, not in the crib. It will raise the head a little. I know that when I'm sick, laying flat makes it hard to breathe.
    rcullens

Answer by rcullens at 12:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Cool mist humidifier, Baby vick's, and elevate head of bed.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I love my humidifier! I use a good humidifier and i just keep it in whichever room my child is in. Makes breathing easier and calms coughs at night. I fold up a sheet or towel under the sheet to elevate so they can breathe easier at night. During the day i just give lots of liquids and soup as well as vitamins. Oh and i clean/disinfect stuff especially our fan and change the A/C filter.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• the warm mist isnt goint to be warm when it gets in therir lungs its to make the room more humid and its easyer for them to breath thats what the warm mist humidifier is for so if they are stuffy use it
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010