What are my chances of becomming overweight?

I am always afraid of becoming overweight. I have always been pretty small. I am 5.5 and a half and I my weight has always been 120 since like highschool. Then after having my 5 yaer old I gained a little wight. I gained about 30 pounds. I weigh andywhere from 135-150 I keep gaining and losing. I don't go no less than 235 and no higher than 150. My mom is thin and her whole side of the family is then. Then on my real dads side he is thin, but my brother from him and adiffrent women is heavy. My sister from a diffrnent women than me and my half brother she is thin. But both of his sisters are kind of heavyier set.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Sounds like you have some good "thin genes" from your family, so that is helpful. But the bottom line is always the same. If you take in more calories than you use you will gain weight.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ive been between 150 and 300 my whole life!!! im 190 right now but been around that for around a year and a half now. just eat healthy and workout. stay active and dont consume more than you burn. as long as you dont let yourself get over weight you wont!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Weight is lifestyle. If you eat lots of simple carbs, chips, white bread, white pasta, you will gain weight. If you do not excerise, you will never loose weight. You need complex carbs and protein. Check out weight watchers and make sure you take a 30 minute walk at least 3 times a week. Diet affects your moods., Excerise gives you energy. Mothers always tend to put themselves last. If you are unhappy with the way you look and your weight, your child will pick up on that and possibly be unhappy also.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• see that is what I am afaid of lol. I love food well should I say I love the unhealthy food lol. The food foods I don't like. I can't stand a lot of healthy foods. I eat all day long at times lol. i hate that I will have to watch what I eat since I didn't ever have to do it before lol. I could eat mcdonalds every single day and not gain more than the 150, but I am afraid when I get older it will hit me since that is when it hit my aunts
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Sep. 5, 2010