Not sure how to interpret my cycle now. . . adult content

I had some mid cycle bleeding, significant in amount. My dr. checked me out and said I was perfectly healthy, not to count it as a period, just some untraceable uterine bleeding. Now I'm 3 days late and my breasts are leaking milk. I have an 11 mo. old, but haven't nursed since he was 1 month, with no leakage since my milk dried up! What on earth is happening to me?!?!

Jennifina

Asked by Jennifina at 8:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• hormones are an amazing thing!!! lol i say if it keeps happening then call the doctor for some blood test. i was leaking milk (never being pregnant before) so the dr did some tests. came up normal for everything. but this kept happening about a few days after my period for a few days.... she then said it could be cause i was ovulating... i had been off bc for a while cause we were trying to get pregnant.

but white to clear creamy milky stuff could also mean breast cancer- so get checked out if it keeps happening
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My period was on track for years, then just recently over the past year or so it has gone haywire as well. I took every test under the sun, only to find out I had a cyst that was causing the crazy periods....Maybe what is going on with you...?
    ycatstouch

Answer by ycatstouch at 8:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Mid cycle bleeding is a common sign of ovulation for some. It can also be implantation bleeding if you've already ovulated and got pregnant.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Thank you ladies. . . he did consider it being a cystic thing. Tuesday I'll have to go back to the office ~ he'd said the next step would be an ultrasound if anything else odd happened with this cycle. I don't think it would have been implantation bleeding, the amount of blood was very significant ~ changing pads a few times a day for five full days. . .
    Jennifina

Comment by Jennifina (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• my implantation bleeding caused me to use at least 10 pads. i though i got my period... but nope found out i was pregnant 2 weeks later
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Hmm. I'm leaning toward taking a test today, I guess that would be a good first step to rule something out. . . .
    Jennifina

Comment by Jennifina (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010