how can you tell when you ovulate if your periods are anywhere from 21-31 days?

I use to be 28 days to the day I new when I was going to start and now since having my youngest DD I start anywhere from 21-31 days so how can I tell when I ovulate then? We are going to be TTC sometime this month after I get and end my period.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Ive used an ovulation detection kit twice, but nothing has happened yet but still trying to get in right. My body is off too ever since i got off the pill my period comes anywhere between 27-30 days. this last month it said i was ovulating on day 16 and started my period on day 29. I wish you the best, i never thought about checking my temps b/c i dont know what kind to use. ill keep my fingers crossed for you :o)
    sweetpea0614

Answer by sweetpea0614 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• what is the temp supose to run and how much will it run while ovulating?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• A rise in temperature means you already have ovulated. Unfortunately, ovulation, menstruation, and other basic reproductive issues is something far too few women really understand. Buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It explains how to properly chart each cycle (since everyone is different). It's great for natural birth control, pregnancy achievement, and overall knowledge of your body.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Watch your discharge. When it feels like egg white you are fertile.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Chart your temps, watch what you discharge is like, watch for any pain on one side(some get that). Good luck.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Chart your temperature every morning and you'll know exactly when you're ovulating.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There's no set number for the temp but if you chart your temperature daily, you'll notice a spike for a period of several days which is when you're ovulating. When I say chart it, I mean actually plot it on graph paper, this provides a better visual than just listing your temperature readings on a piece of paper. Also, be sure to take your temp using a digital thermometer FIRST THING every morning before you even get out of bed.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2010