Why do you think other Countries hate the United States?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Various offenses and misunderstandings. Breaking our word, acting as though we have the right to impose our own ideologies on others. Our own arrogance, ignorance. There are a lot of different reasons, it just depends on which country we're talking about.

We can't sit here and pretend that there is no fault to be found when so many people find fault in us, that we've not done anything to deserve for people to be displeased with us throughout our history of interactions with them....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I honestly don't care 'why' anyone in another country hates the US ~ but I do wish they would stop spouting off about their hatred while either holding out their hands for aid or accepting it.

I also wish the US would stop sending aid to countries that hate us and take care of our own. For that matter I wish the US would stop sending anyone else aid before taking care of our own.

We have VA hospitals that are a disgrace, orphans and children stuck in terrible foster care situations, our elderly losing their homes/everything to pay for medication (or just the electric bill), and a homeless population that is ridiculous ~ to name just a few issues.

Americans can, and do, send money to those they wish to aid, but our gov't. has a responsibility to AMERICAN people first ... and it should stop neglecting and ignoring American need.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Did you know the only successful revolution in the history of the world was the American Revolution! America achieved the goals it set for itself, mostly because of the selfless people of the time who had a vision and sacrificed to make the vision happen. Americans have always been hard working for success. We are a country of great soil, different climates, freedoms that other countries' citizens don't experience. Our tax rates, believe it or not, are better than most other countries. I guess the answer to your question is jealously!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They hate us so much that we are the top country to want to immigrate to.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I honestly don't care 'why' anyone in another country hates the US ~ but I do wish they would stop spouting off about their hatred while either holding out their hands for aid or accepting it. ~ Farmlady

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The countries that HATE us, very simply hate our freedoms! They hate that we cannot be "corralled," that we have minds of our own, and have he freedom to speak, think, and do as we please, and refuse to "lock step" with one leader's views or ideology! Women are equals and do not need men to "complete" them. Our country encourages independence, education, business and industry for ALL people, and it is that strength that prevents us from being overtaken or controlled...we fight back!

This country was established by intelligent, hard working, independent, free thinkers, who set out on their own to establish and fight for a free world for themselves, and that determination has passed down from generation to generation--at least among those who are descendants of the original pilgrims, founding fathers and immigrants (pre 1900's)! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We travel a great deal- have been all over the planet. Personally, I have never encountered anyone who hates America, per se. I think many folks, especially those in other industrialized nations, believe that Americans lack a certain freedom to enjoy life-too much work and too little time to enjoy the smaller things in life. It's like we spend so much time (both individually and collectively) trying to obtain the entire forest, we never enjoy the presence or majesty of the trees. I do agree on this assessment.

Our friends in the third world (mostly educated), think that collectively Americans have skewed priorities, especially when it comes to "family." Daycares and homes for the aged are basically unheard of. Further personal debt, is lower. People in the third world only have what they can afford to own "outright."

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• gertie: ....anyone who doesn't understand that has a reading comprehenson problem

I was following you until this ^. As soon as you started the insults, I no longer was interested in what you had to say. Stage a counter argument, but leave the insults and personal attacks out of it.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Stacymomof ~ That's not what I said. Don't try to make it either or. Your perceptions are not mine. ~

Let me make it a bit more clear. Situational ethics (from anyone, in any country, and of any religion) make my head hurt.

It IS either or. You don't get to pick and choose. Either they hate us and should make do on their own (or with aid from countries they don't 'hate'), or they are allies and help us as much as we help them.

Yes I care about starving people, drowning people, sick people ~ but if they happen to hate me I wouldn't voluntarily send them money or help them ~ and that goes for people in foreign countries or members of my own family. I'll give anyone the shirt off my back or my last crust of bread, but if they turn around and 'bite' me it will be the last thing they get from me other than a 'tough luck, hope things get better for ya'.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Don't care if they don't like us, but they better respect us..

They do love our money and our protection. We do have troops and the Navy all over the world to protect them from evil countries. It has always been America they call when they have been in trouble.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010