Why do you feel God is necessary in your life?

If he wasn't part of it, how do you think your life would be different?

Now... before I get accused of just posting this in order to bash or bait or just be a bitch:

If you answer that you used to have issues like addictions, depression and so on, I WILL have a further question for you about why you didn't have faith in yourself and use your inner strength and willpower to get over it on your own and decided to use religion and god instead. So please answer that as well...

If you answer that he healed you or someone in your family, I WILL have a further question on why you think that healing came from something other than yourself or the other humans who were 'praying' ( in essence focusing THEIR will for the healing on the sick). So please answer that as well...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think I could ever explain it sufficiently. Its like asking why you fell in love with the person you fell in love with. You just do, and until someone else is in love, they'll never understand what its like.
    TessaHoney

Answer by TessaHoney at 6:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Its not a need but a want, a desire.... thats the extent of my answer because I know this question is being ask by a doubting person and the only way you will find the true answer is to experience Him yourself.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Hes my savior, always will be.
    I shouldnt have to explain why jesus is a prominant part of my life...most people know already and choose to ignore.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• He is part of who I am-He makes me a better person and gives purpose to my life. I feel stronger knowing that I have Faith in something outside of myself. If others get that without God, that is fine and I am happy for them-but the fact that God is part of my life and I feel good about really should not worry anyone. How I get my strength, how I live my life- as long as I am not hurting anyone- is really a personal decision.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't.

I have successfully overcome the trials in my life simply by believing that I could- and did. I find comfort in the fact that I alone am responsible for my life.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't - and things happen. It's up to us to make the best of it and move on.
    I quit smoking because I decided I wanted to. Same for hubby(and he doesn't believe in any Gods either)- we did it on our own

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• God is in my life, always has been and always will be! He gave me life, free will and with His love, I can endure anything. When I feel down, I remember the poem, "Footsteps in the sand" "...my precious, precious child. I would never leave you...when you see only one set of footprints in the sand that is when I carried you". I have never lost faith and cannot picture my life without God!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Oh, and another thing God gives you is humility- that is knowing there is a force greater than yourself- a few of the Mom's on here could use a nice dose of humility. It also gives me understanding-the understanding that there is more than one path, because just as no two people have the same relationship so it is with God- no two people have the same relationship with God. A few on here could also use some true understanding-what it really means to understand another person and their personal decision. The constant need to be right not just for you but for everyone will lead to an unfulfilled life.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Personally, I know God is right, and I want to be on the side of right. I find truth in Him and I want truth. Doesn't everybody want these things, truth and reasons? I have the understanding that everything I seek, I find in God. And just for the record, I am not mainstream. You are not familiar with my beliefs. So do not categorize me. I do not come from addiction or anything of the sort. He makes sense to me. He blesses me with knowledge.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• "If you answer that you used to have issues like addictions, depression and so on, I WILL have a further question for you about why you didn't have faith in yourself and use your inner strength and willpower to get over it on your own and decided to use religion and god instead. So please answer that as well..."

I have had depression for years. It has been well controlled for a while now. I can tell you from experience that inner strength and willpower isn't enough to stop it. There are many things I am questioning about religeon so It's hard to explain the how or why it works.
    The Bible is a very interesting book to read. It seems like when I look for information to explain what I need to do or think about something I end up feeling guilty because I can't be perfect enough.

FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010