Work Abuse-posted yesterday

I don't have the worst job in the world. But I've had to deal with people calling in and being on shift by myself. Never was too big of a deal, but now that I'm 31 weeks, it's quite trying. I came home in tears today because there was no one to call in, (even just to cover a half an hour so I could eat/sit down). I'm in so much pain. I think I'm going to contact the labor board of KY, to see if there's anything I can do. I want out of my job anyway, but right now I need the money and don't have many options. If I quit, because of the unacceptable circumstances, do I remotely qualify for unemployment? I need help, I'm tired of taking shit. This is the fourth time in a month that I've been by myself and not been able to sit down/drink or eat for eight hours. Advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You might qualify for unemployment, but I would contact the labor board or an attorney for more sound advice. To me, the conditions are unacceptable and would entitle you to quit and get unemployment. But, the people in charge of those kinds of things often have very different viewpoints from those of us stuck actually dealing with circumstances. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• at your job there should be the labor law poster posted in your break room or somewhere where you able to see it and i would point that out to your boss and say im required 2 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch during my 8 hour shift and im not getting this and than say you need to follow this cause not allowing the employee's to take their breaks specially the pregnant ones is a cause for a lawful action
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• in TN you would not qualify for unemployement unless you were dismissed or your position wasnt available any more. Why hasnt your boss done something about this? is there a board over him... who is next in line?
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 11:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• why don't you ask your doc to put you on disability?
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I do understand. I was in the same boat. I was like 5-6months and yeah not having a break was so not good. But the more i went into the boss office and complained things changed. Once you start talking about your rights they will do somethig about it. Stand up for yourself. And call your doctor and see if they can put you on like less hrs a week. I did it and quess what it worked. And about the unemployement...there are so many different rules about that. If you were to leave no you won't get it...but it all depends on what state you are in. So go to the labor board and ask question. But I do wish you lots of luck on this cause its not an easy one. Not like we can avoid to leave a paying job in times like this...But I hope that everything goes well for you. God Bless
    LadeeNred

Answer by LadeeNred at 1:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008