Everyone will be here in just a few hours ... what am I forgetting?

I'm hosting a 1 and 2 day get-together for some ladies from my widows group. Some are driving from as far as 8 hours away. I'm expecting between 28 and 36 people. 3 moms and their kids are staying the night. The spare bedrooms are ready for the overnight guests. The fishing gear is all set out for the older kids (I live on the river), the yard is in great shape, I have fresh picked tomatoes all washed and ready, I shucked the corn, I did a ton of baking last night, the grill is ready, everyone is bringing food, I borrowed 2 extra picnic tables from neighbors, the house looks great, lemonade is chilling, but I can't help but feel like I forgot something! What do you usually forget when entertaining? What do you think I might have forgotten?

aliceinalgonac

Asked by aliceinalgonac at 9:06 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always forget ice and to take a few minutes for myself. Look in the mirror and make sure you look great! Have a cup of tea or a cold drink down near the water and relax for a few miutes. I hope you have a fabulous time!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Napkins, bug spray, sunscreen
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Have a wonderful time! chairs, rolls of paper towels for wiping up hands and spills, bathrooms cleaned and extra tp, eating utensils, trash cans available, how about first aid supplies in case of scrapes or stings...

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Actually, it sounds like you have everything in order. You worked hard and it will pay off. Even if you remember something last minute, with what you have planned you will all make due and if your guests are just looking for a fun few days, all will work out. they may even bring games and such for the kids. What a great time you will all have. Wish I could come...lol
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You need to take and post pics. I'm happy for you. Sit back and enjoy!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Did you charge the battery for the camera?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• All of the above...plus vinyl or disposable table cloths and music?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I usually forget to load up the toilet paper or run out of trash bags. No worries - whatever you've forgotten won't be a big deal, it sounds like a great time! Have a wonderful visit!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ice, toilet paper, paper towel
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It'll be great, Alice ... it's a terrific bunch of women and everyone will have a great time! (Don't forget to grab the computer and hit the chat thing sometime this afternoon! It's the closest I can get to being there!) Have fun!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010