what are the best nipples and bottles when breast feeding?

what are the best nipples and bottles to use when you are breast feeding? They will be only used for when Im not around which is rare....

motherofpearl3

Asked by motherofpearl3 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Adiri makes a bottle that's shaped like a breast.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It has been my experience as a lactation consultant that you pick a bottle system, introduce a bottle between week 3-6 (before week 3 they can refuse the breast, after week 6 they fall in love with breastfeeding and refuse the bottle). One bottle everyday for the first week then use a bottle at the times you will be away from baby with work or school. Start with 2 to 3 ounces of breastmilk in a bottle and if the little one is still looking to eat more, put the baby to the breast so he/she can tell the difference between breast and bottle. IMHO, there is no bottle nipple like the breast. I personally would go with a bottle company that makes BPA free.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Playtex Drop In Nursers! I loved them, and I got my sister hooked on 'em too! :)
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 9:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We liked the playtex drop in ones. We only used them on our first. But my second never would take a bottle.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nuby bottles, with the breast feeders nipple. They were the only bottles my daughter took when we had to switch her to formula. MY friend also had a similar situation and the nuby bottles worked great for her daughter too.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We used adiri while i was at work but before 8 weeks we used a spoon, cup, or eyedropper for feeds when I was working.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Medela
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 6:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• we use the avent ones and my son has no confusion between them and the breast
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010