5 month old

Does 28 oz of formula a day with cereal mixed with 1/2 veggies/fruit in the am and the other half at dinner sound ok for a 5 month olds eating schedule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is your baby happy and gaining weight appropiately? As long as he/she is not gaining too much weight, he/she is fine. Trust your judgement as a mother who knows her son/daughter.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I feed my 5 month old cereal 3 times a day...breakfast lunch and dinner, and 4-6 oz of milk in a bottle.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I fed my son cereal with 1/2 a jar of fruit in the AM. 1/2 a jar of veg and 1/2 jar of fruit for lunch and cereal with 1/2 veg at dinner. He also got 6 oz of formula with each meal. he also got a 6 oz of formula as a mid afternoon snack and 6oz of formula at bedtime.

This is not to say this is what you need to do. This is just what I did.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son didn't have too much interest in food until he was over a year. He was all about the formula, lol. At meals i would usually puree a little bit of whatever we were eating, minus the spices. As long as he's gaining enough weight and isn't fussing for more food, it should be fine. if you obsess about "the exact amount" and all that stuff, you'll just start to get stressed. I wish someone had told me that when I had my son because I was always worrying when I couldn't get him to eat the amount I was told he should have.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We actually just had our 4 month checkup and our pediatrician advised us that since our baby is healthy and continuing to thrive that when she is on solid food she should still be getting at least 24 oz of formula a day. but I would still contact your ped to make sure that its ok for your baby
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son will be 5 months next week. He has 4 bottles(7oz) per day. 1 small jar food around lunch, and a bowl cereal with half jar fruit mixed in before bed. Sounds right to me what you are doing
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010