• In the Spotlight:

Has your toddler done this or is mine just the wierd one?? lol

My son woke from nap yesterday and started licking me the bed my husband even my husbands friend. almost like a dog but then he would wipe it off right after. He has never done this before it was like he just woke up from nap and poof I never thought I would be telling my kid to stop licking the bed. Has anyone else's kid done this?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter did that when she was two. I think it was a week or two that she did that, I told her that, that was gross and her tounge was going to fall off if she kept doing that. It is probally just a fase that he is going through. Just let him know about all the bacteria and germs that is going into his body and hopefully he wont do it for to long. Good Luck
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• its normal kids are weird like that my so is almost 3 and still licks things i just tell him to stop it that it is yucky
    Mommyandreaof2

Answer by Mommyandreaof2 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my daughter used to lick the floor i don't know why now i don't say stop licking the floor yuck i say stop picking your nose its a thing it will stop when he finds something else gross to do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Both my kids (ages 2 and 3 1/2) do or have done this. They think its hilarious. I just tell them to stop or that its ick. lol Sometimes kiddos are just weird or do odd things. I wouldnt worry and its something probably he'll grow out of.
    Nicole1357

Answer by Nicole1357 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Abby does this too. She is 3. She knows it drives me and daddy crazy. lol, she laughs hysterically after we start going "eeewwwww, gross."
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 2:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my DD had a time where we had to tell her to stop licking everything - we would be like eew you dont know where thats been!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter, now that she's almost 4 has started to put the most random things in her mouth. She never really did that as a baby, but now she does. I wonder what is up with that?
    kellysheree

Answer by kellysheree at 7:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son is 3 and he does this...he does it roll playing tho...he will bark like a dog and so on. He has even requested a bowl of water be set on the floor...I did that and he would crawl over and lick out of it as a dog would....and the funniest thing he does (IMO) is when I get him out of the bath tub he will shake his entire body like dogs do when they are wet.
    What can I say he watches EVERYTHING. He really oves dogs.
    He only does it at time, (dont want every one thinking that he acts like this on a daily basis)
    luckyiamx3

Answer by luckyiamx3 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008