DD wont drink formula suddenly

my dd is 7 months, and dose not want her bottle, she wants her baby food, but no formula, what should I do? And btw this just started yesterday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Shes probably teething, my kids wouldn't want their bottle when teething. She's more than old enough for a sippy cup, so put the formula in a sippy cup!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My dd did the exact same thing! I dropped one bottle and gave her more baby food but it was hard to get her to drink her other bottles! I would let her hold onto a toy or blanky while I fed her. Getting her to take the bottle was the hardest and she wouldn't drink her formula from a sippy either! But at 11.5 mos she wouldn't take it period and we had no problem getting rid of the bottle! Sometimes dd wanted to do it herself so I just let her hold it once she started drinking it. Like I said, the trick was getting her to start drinking. And sometimes she wouldn't drink the whole thing but I figured as long as she gets at least 3/4 she is ok! Just keep offering, get her to open her mouth with different sounds and put the bottle in. When she pushes it away try again... Eventually they take it! Feeding is going to take longer as well. Gl!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son did this for a few days. Juast keep feeding her and offer her water/juice in a cup for hydration. Yoy could also try formula in the cup and see if she will drink it that way. Thats what the doc told me to do. He quit that after 2 days. If it goes much longer than 2 days and she wont drink anything call your pedi :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• keep trying. Try switching to a sippy, maybe a nubby soft nipple sippy if a solid nipple sippy is too painful in case of teething.

if you have to try mixing it with cereal for a little added filling around meals.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010