Was your summer as good as you had expected this year?

Mine was not. I had back surgery and was in a brace for a lot of it. My S/O is laid off, and it was 90+ degrees, too many days to be in a brace. So how was yours, good, or not quite as expected?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no my nephew has made it a living h--- for all of us this summer
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was very disappointed this year. I am pregnant and the 90 degree weather and high humidity EVERY day was not fun. I love being outside and I wasn't able to go outside nearly as much as I normally would have been. My kids got a new play set and most of the days it was too hot to go on it and later in the day when it was cooler, the mosquitos were then out. Looking forward to fall!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ugh the worst!!! got preg may 1 (didnt know until the end of may though). husband got shipped off to war in the middle of may and ive been throwing up since then (stupid morning sickness) the only good thing??? ive gone back to dads house to spend time with my daddy : ) he is awesome and a proud grandpa- its his first grandchild!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well, it had it's ups & downs. My husb fell & broke some ribs, then got pnemonia. So w/ ribs in the healing stages, that ruled out Cedar Point! (We will at least hit a local festival b4 summer is over) The weather was great, but being out & trying to enjoy the pool was made not so enjoyable by the nearby construction project ! We had to put up w/ dirt clouds, diesel fumes, & the noise! Most days we didn't go out til after 4pm when they were wrappin it up for the day. Overall I'd rate it a C+. Hope next summer is an "A"
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• This summer was awful!Was at the end of my pregnacy hot humid and just blah!I wish it would have gone by a little slowwer it flew by and was miserable!
    Jen875

Answer by Jen875 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was lucky to have a blast pretty much. We got to do so many cool things - whale watching, hiking in Arches NP, seeing Sequoia NP, Death Valley, walking around Las Vegas.

There are 2 things I wish we had a do over on - DS2 breaking his finger and needing 4 stitches and the hike that turned into a 5 hour fiasco in Canyonlands NP. Since when is scaling a canyon wall at 45 angle considered moderate?!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• it was as well as could be expected with my husband deployed
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We had a pretty great summer. It was hot, but other than that it was great. We started the summer seeing AC/DC in Las Vegas, we'll end it by celebrating Sammy Haggar's birthday in Cabo San Lucas :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Mine was as good as expected. Maybe a little more tiring. I had my first child in April and my summer has been spent learning new things and getting into the role of new mommy. So it has been better than expected!! !
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Summer went by way too fast! I did not get as much done as I would have liked, there were no trips to the beach and only camped twice. I really wish it would have been longer
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010